@Sweetsugarbean returns with these Tiki Time European Wieners, barbecued, bacon wrapped and topped with pineapple and sweet red onion.
6 Grimm's European Wieners
6 pieces of bacon
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
half of 1 pineapple
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 red onion, finely diced
6 hot dog buns
There's no need to keep your smokies in a bun, @HereForTheFoodie is back with this creamy pasta dish topped with our Bacon & Cheddar Bavarian Smokies.
1-2 Grimm's Bacon and Cheddar Bavarian smokies (sliced)
2 Large Chicken breast
2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
3-4 Chopped Roma Tomatoes
1 Red onion chopped
7-8 Mushrooms chopped
3 large handfuls of baby spinach
1 cup Half and Half
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Red chili flakes
1 Tsp Rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
No barbecue is complete without having the best appetizers for your guests to munch on while you grill.
@Chezchanelle brings us these Turkey Pepperoni Skewers with Truffle Honey Aioli...delicious and easy appies to please a crowd!
• For the Skewers:
• 1 Package (375g) of Grimm's Lean Turkey Pepperoni
• 3 Apples, cut into 4-6 pieces
• 100g-150g Mature White Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2'' triangles
• 1 Package wood skewers
• For the Aioli:
• 2 tbsp liquid honey
• 1 tbsp White Truffle oil + a drop for drizzling
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1/2 cup of Real Mayonnaise
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• Garnish: 1 tsp chopped parsley and edible flowers such as viola
A corn tortilla takes the place of the bun in this fresh, citrusy and spicy smokie with topped with grilled corn, cilantro gaucamole and salsa.
1 package of Grimm's Sizzlin' Cheddar Smokies
1/3 cup of Grimm's Feta Cheese
6 Grimm's Corn Tortillas
1 cup grilled corn
Executive Chef Josh Gale is back with his second #OwnTheGrill recipe featuring our Cheddar with Bacon Sizzlin' Smokie and homemade hummus.
2 cups of canned chickpeas, rinsed
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2tbsp of water
Pinch of salt and pepper
Zest of one lemon
1/2 cup mixed olives, chopped
2tsp olive brine
2tsp olive oil
2 Grimms Sizzlin' Cheddar with Bacon smokies
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
Picked herbs, chives, mint, flowering thyme
Another low carb option in our #OwnTheGrill series! @HereForTheFoodie brings us these crisp and slightly spicy lettuce wraps featuring our RWA Andouille Sausage.
Perfect for those on a keto diet or wanting a lighter option!
Romaine lettuce hearts
1 Package Grimms Andouille RWA Sausage
1/2 Chopped Red Onion
Romaine lettuce hearts
1/4 Cup Corn
!/4 Cup Chopped Grape Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese
2 Tablespoons Bolthouse Farms Salsa Ranch
Happy Birthday Canada!!
We're celebrating with our next #OwnTheGrill creation featuring maple glazed sweet potato, Double Smoked Side Bacon and cheese curds on top of our Sizzlin' Wiener.
#OwnTheGrill continues with MasterChef Canada Finalist Chanelle Saks of @ChezChanelle bringing us this delicious low carb recipe featuring our RWA Bratwurst Sausage.
The delicious recipes keep coming in our #OwnTheGrill series.
Pepperoni Pizza with Basil & Honey is as good as it sounds. Grill (or bake) this recipe from sweetsugarbean and enter summer BBQ heaven.
Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Dough:
1/2 cup warm water (110-120F)
2 Tbsp active dry yeast
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups cool water
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp liquid honey
2 tsp sea salt
4 sticks Grimm's Original Pepperoni, thinly sliced
3-4 Tbsp canola oil for greasing pan
1 ball pizza dough (about 1 pound) at room temperature
1 cup of your favourite pizza sauce
1/4 cup basil pesto
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
200 g fresh mozzarella, or bocconcini cheese, torn into pieces
2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
3 Tbsp liquid honey, for drizzling
1.In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, stir the yeast into the warm water until dissolved. It should get foamy - about 5 minutes. If it doesn't, throw out the yeast and buy some new stuff.
2.Add both flours, cool water, olive oil, honey and salt to the bowl. Knead with the dough hook on medium-low speed for 5-6 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can knead it the old fashioned way for about 7 minutes.
3.Place the dough in a large greased bowl and cover with a clean tea towel. Let rise for about 50-60 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
4.Punch down the dough and divide into 3 portions. Use 1 portion for this recipe. Wrap the other two in plastic wrap and place in a Ziploc bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To use, just thaw in the fridge for 8-12 hours before you want to use it. Let rise until doubled in size, then punch down and roll out.
1. Use a pizza stone on a heated grill or preheat the oven to 450F. Grease a large baking sheet with canola oil. I used about 4 Tbsp. You really want it greasy!
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out into a large, thin oval - about 11x14 inches.
Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet. Remember, it's pizza, so doesn't have to be perfect.
3. Spread the dough with the pizza sauce, and dollop with pesto, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with the shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, jalapeno slices and torn mozzarella. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese and crust are golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before slicing. Scatter with fresh basil leaves and drizzle with honey. Makes about 8 large slices.
The sweetness and creaminess of pineapple and avocado offset the kick of jalapenos in this sweet & spicy gourmet smokie recipe.
The latest recipe in our #OwnTheGrill series.
1 Package Grimm's Sizzlin' Jalapeno & Mozzarella Smokies
6 Slices Grimm's Double Smoked Side Bacon
Pico De Gallo
6 Hawaiian Rolls
1. Heat the grill & wrap sliced bacon around each smokie
2. Slice pineapple, avocado & jalapenos.
3. Grill the smokies unitl the bacon is fully cooked
4. In a side pan or tin foil wrap, grill jalapenos.
5. Top bun with sour cream, bacon wrapped smokie, pineapple, pico de gallo, avocado and grilled jalapenos