- Preheat your BBQ to medium high heat. Place 8 wooden skewers on a rimmed plate or baking sheet and cover them with water.
- Cut up the smokies and the veggies then skewer them onto the soaked skewers. Start with a piece of a smokie, next add a red pepper, orange pepper then 2 onions slices. Repeat 3 times then end with a smokie.
- Drizzle the kebabs with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and some fresh cracked pepper.
- Grill the kebabs on the BBQ for 10 minute, turning a few times, until there are nice char marks on the veggies and the smokies have heated through. Remove the kebabs from the heat, squeeze over some lime juice, sprinkle with some cilantro and chopped jalapeńos and serve with the sauce on the side for dipping.
For the chipotle aioli:
- Prepare the aioli while the kebabs are cooking. Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix together well.
If you’re making these for a crowd you can skewer the kebabs up to a day in advance. Keep them covered in your fridge until you are ready to grill them.
Source: Recipe & Photography created for Grimm's Fine Foods by the talented Kristen at The Endless Meal